Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Melanie's OFFICIAL First Word

Melanie tries very hard to mimic lots of sounds and words that we say. She can say "da da", "ma ma", and even "ahhh ahh ahh". Which stemmed from me telling Brownie not to do something, and then eventually saying "ahh ahh ahh" so Melanie would stop inhaling her bath water, or stop her from getting into something she wasn't supposed to. So now when I say "Brownie" all stern like, Melanie says "ahh ahh ahh". Or if I say "Melanie, ahh ahh ahh." She stops & smiles and says "ahh ahh ahh!." Which you can't get upset about because that is just too cute! But, I believe Melanie's first OFFICIAL word will be "cheese!" Sylvia first heard it when we were on the house boat in Austin. But, I never really heard it. It's true, Melanie can say "cheese!" It's no wonder that's her first word... she LOVES cheese, and it's the only food she'll eat CONSISTENTLY. So here it is..."cheese."

No comments: