Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Baby Sitting Kate

I had a very FUN, BUSY day watching Kate for Lori & Chad yesterday. Lori left while Kate was taking a nap so I was the first person she saw when she woke up. And I was NOT who she expectd/wanted to see. For the first 15 minutes she cried hysterically, and signed for "Mommy". We went through every room in the house so that she could see that "Mommy" was "Bye-Bye". I tried to bribe her with food, Mel-Mel, babies, outside, songs, books, cuddle time...nothing compares to "Mommy". After about 30-40 minutes she only signed and asked for "Mommy" every few minutes, and it was without a cry. After 3 boxes of raisins, ring-around-the-rosie, and playing "Where's Kate?, Where's Melanie?, life was bareable again. We went to the front window to look at teh landscapers mowing the park, we ate watermelon, we danced the silly dance, played "getch, getcha"game, went down the slide, went up & down the stairs, read books, talked about Mommy's, played with babies & their bottles, pushed Melanie in a "baby doll" stroller, gave horsy rides...and I can't remember what else. It was a lot of fun, tiring, but so much fun! Maybe the more I baby sit Kate and the more often I visit with her the less freaked out she'll get...YEAH RIGHT! NOTHING COMPARES TO MOMMY- and that's the way it should be. Thank you Kate, Lori & Chad for a very FUN & EXCITING day!

















2 comments:

Lori said...

Cute! So fun to see what Kate did while I was gone. Thanks for babysitting.

Andrea "The H family" said...

What a great Auntie! I'm not sure I would want to see a video of Luke while gone..I might not ever leave!! LOL
Looks like she did great --post meltdown for momma! :)