Saturday, April 26, 2008

My MAN of the House










WHAT AM I THINKING wanting to change my daughter's name? My husband picked out her name. MY HUSBAND! The MAN of the house-MY MAN OF THE HOUSE. My Man, my husband, has a job, a good job. He goes to work every single day, 5/6 times a week, comes home each and every night, attends to our kids needs, my needs, takes out the trash, washes my car, mows the lawn, helps with the dishes, the laundry, etc. Duane is very caring, hardworking, loving, respectful, dependable, kind, gentle, honorable, dedicated, patient, sweet, smart, fun, generous man. He's a fantastic husband-doesn't even watch football or any other sport, he's a great Dad. I can't begin to tell you how LUCKY I am. My husband provides very well for our family. So well as a matter of fact, I get to STAY HOME with our children. So, how DISRESPECTFUL, shallow, and selfish can I be to want to change our daughter's name? Without him I wouldn't even have Melanie in my life. Sometimes it takes me a while to catch on to things, and I lose perspective on important matters..but I FINALLY caught on! I WILL NOT be changing Melanie's name. My husband picked it out with a lot of love, and good intent. He compromised on her middle name of Sarah, and I need to do the same. Melanie Sarah is a sweet name, and my Melanie sure is SWEET!
I love my husband Duane, and I sure am lucky, honored, and happy to be married to him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog, Michelle! I couldn't agree more! My love to you, Duane, Kyle and Baby Melanie. Can't wait to see all of you. MOM

Lori said...

What a great perspective. You can tell Melanie "your daddy named you." How sweet.

Anonymous said...

And you're a good wife for writing such a nice blog and keeping the name he picked out. Very cute!
-Beka =)

Anonymous said...

Linda here- Am glad to hear your keeping Melanie's name. Duane was named after the middle names of his grandfathers, so he grew up knowing his heritage rather than what a name meant. And as I read of your description of him you make me feel very proud of him and of the person he has become. You both should be very proud of yourselves for the parents you are and will continue to be. You both make all the grandparents very proud, sharing with us the tidbits of your daily lives. May your days continue to be filled with the many blessings that fill your lives and enjoy each and every moment with each other always. Miss you and love you always, Mom P.