Sunday, April 6, 2008

Babywearing Easter Celebration




My sister had an Easter celebration in her community. It was so much fun. I was able to use my new baby sling, the "mei tai" to carry my daughter around while attending to my son and his friend playing all the games. It was so much fun. Melanie was too small for the Easter egg hunt, too young for the games, and food, so "wearing" her was the best way to keep her involved with all the festivities. She really enjoyed being close to me and seeing the sights from a safe, secure view. It was a community event, meaning that there were a lot of people there, and using a stroller on the grass & maneuvering through the crowds would have been quite hectic. I'm so happy I have the opportunity to "wear" my baby. She's quite the happy baby and I think part of her happiness is her due to her comfy, secure mei tai.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The people who make the "mei tei" should pay you! You and beautiful Melanie would make such a good advertisement! Glad you and Melanie were able to really enjoy the Easter festivities because of your handy wrap!
-Beka =)

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
Beautiful picture of you and Melanie. I agree with Beka--you should be paid for wearing the wrap. I love and miss you. MOM