Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Buddy Walk 10-11-2014 Pictures

Our very first Buddy Walk! I really hope we make a yearly habit of doing this fundraiser. It was neat seeing all of these people come together to raise money for Down syndrome awareness, acceptance & inclusion. Our team raised $845.00! Thank you Paul & Sylvia, Dad & Margaret, Mom & Tim, Debra, and Rebekah for all of your donations. You guys totally ROCKED IT OUT!
Although it was a teensy bit chilly outside, we had a ton-o-fun. Melanie played all sorts of games and won prizes. We wondered around checking out all the venders. We even saw a few friendly, familiar faces from a previous Down syndrome function. That's what I enjoyed most, being able to connect with people. You guys helped us raise enough money to have a poster of Sean set out on the Buddy Walk grounds. When I first spied it I got very emotional & teary eyed. Sometimes I just can't believe God has entrusted me with loving, nurturing, guiding & raising this super sweet baby boy. He Blessed me (us) with a Down syndrome child.  I am for certain, the lucky one.  Thank you Lord.  I am beyond grateful.  (even when he wants to be awake at 3AM!)  LOL!
Check out this super sweet young lady eyeballing Sean. She was very curious about him. And by the looks of the picture Sean was just as curious about her as well! We chatted with her & her family for a brief moment. They were super nice! Maybe we'll see them again at the next Buddy Walk.

No comments: