Thursday, January 13, 2011

Observation

This is just a quick observation. I definitely understand where the phrase "A woman's place is in the kitchen." came from. Since staying at home after Melanie's been born I think I spend about 90% of my time in the kitchen in some way shape or form for 1 reason or another. I am either making a grocery list, planning or preparing a meal/snack, getting my animals food, putting groceries away, eating, cleaning, reading, organizing. My kitchen really is the heart of my home. Good thing it's centered in the middle of my house! Anyway, I guess that phrase doesn't seem demeaning at all once you really consider it. I'm alright with it. I like my kitchen & I like being in it. I also really like it when Melanie climbs all over the counters to hang out with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kitchen is the heart of the home and is a great place to hang out and be close to your loved ones. MOM

Anonymous said...

THE KITCHEN HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE PLACE WHERE EVERYONE GATHERED, MADE MAJOR DECISIONS, SHARED MEALS WITH FRIENDS, AND IT SEEMS TO HAVE A SPECIAL GRAVITATIONAL PULL TO IT. WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THIS ONE ROOM WOULD INSPIRE SO MANY? I LOVE MY KITCHENS TOO! :) ENJOY! LOVE YOU ALL, GRANDMA LINDA XOXOXOXO