Friday, January 21, 2011

Look At ME!!

I am REALLY behind on my posts-SORRY!
This is from when Kyle had a SNOW DAY from school a week & a half ago. Duane went to work. I took Kyle, Melanie & our neighbor friend Keonte to Academy Sorts & Outdoors to outfit myself for these "trying weather conditions." Ha,ha,ha!!! I figured, "Hey, it's snowed every year since I've lived here & it's hard for me to participate 'cuz it's SO COLD! Why not get the right gear?" So that's what I did. I bought snow boots, a beanie (although Melanie took it from me), and snow gloves. Mittins are dumb, why do they even make them? They don't keep your hands warm. Anyway, Kyle & Keonte got a pair of boots too. It was only appropriate. I even bought the sizes a little big so that (if they took care of them) they could wear them next year.
It was really AWESOME to play in the snow instead of being a wall flower. It's amazing, that with the right gear, you can be warm when it's 20 degrees outside & play in the snow. Who would have thought?
SNOW FIGHT!!!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Amazing concept huh? I remember our first year in Maryland. All I got for Christmas was things to keep me warm. It was the first time in my life that I wore a scarf. I was a much happier person with the right gear.