Sunday, January 30, 2011

Bond. Counter-top bond.

Melanie likes to hang out with me when I'm in the kitchen by climbing on the living room chair & sitting on the counter. Most people probably wouldn't want their kids sitting atop the counter but we really don't mind. Our basic concern is "Please don't fall backwards!" While she's on the counter we sometimes eat together, clean fruits & veggies, she helps me chop food with our chopper. She even helps to put dishes away. But sometimes she just sits there & talks to me. Just the other day I told her this would be 1 of my fondest memories of motherhood-her sitting on the counter eating a grilled cheese sandwich, while I fixed a turkey & cheese sandwich & us just chatting away. And she said "And snuggling too!" Of course tears pooled in my eyes & I gave her a big smooshie hug!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was a very nice post, Michelle. Love you, MOM

Anonymous said...

OUT OF THE MOUTH OF BABES COMES SOME OF THE GREATEST MOMENTS IN TIME!! HOW VERY COOL OF A POST! AND MELANIE IS GROWING SOOOO FAST! I KNOW YOU WILL TREASURE ALL THESE MOMENTS! LOVE YOU ALL, GRANDMA LINDA XOXOXOXO