Saturday, January 3, 2009

Kyle's Coming Home

Just wanted everyone to know-Kyle is coming home today!!!!! Whoo hoo! I have missed my kid. I love cell phones-we've been texting each other-a lot and talking on the phone. When I was little girl and I had to fly to Louisiana to visit Joe, I probably could have called my Mom and (Dad)Tim as much as I wanted to from the land line. Believe me I got very home sick...no Mom around, no Tim around, not cats around, no friends around. You're just "visiting" people twice a year that barely know you and you them. & I was gone longer than 5 days! But thinking back, a land line doesn't seem as accessible. Kyle has a phone in his pocket...he can call WHENEVER he feels the need. Since he's been gone we've probably talked about 3-4 times a day for several minutes. He's even emailed me! I can't quite tell if Kyle is getting home sick, missing me, or just ready to be back in a familiar setting so he can play with all his new toys from Christmas and hang out with his buddies. Maybe he's experiencing all of it. I know I'm missing him-it just feels WEIRD to have my son away, in a different state, with people you don't know so well, for 5 days. Although being away from each other is probably very healthy and normal, 5 days is long enough...I'm ready for him to be back. Even Duane said "3 days is sufficeint enough." We'll be picking him up from the airport tonight around 10PM. Lets hope & PRAY his plane isn't delayed, he has a safe flight, and we have a safe drive home.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Yeah Kyle is home! I know how difficult it is to be away from your kids for a extended amount of time. You have been very brave!

Anonymous said...

HELLOOO EVERYONE!! GLAD TO HEAR EVERYONE IS TOGETHER SAFE & SOUND! I REMEMBER HOW IT WAS WHEN THE KIDS WERE BOTH GONE,IT TEARS A MOTHER UP INSIDE, I DON'T CARE HOW MUCH YOU PREPARE FOR IT!THEN THEY GROW UP AND YOU REALLY HAVE TO LET THEM GO AND BE ON THEIR OWN AND ALWAYS PRAY THEY WILL BE OK.MAYBE BY LETTING THEM DO THIS WHEN THEY'RE YOUNG WE CAN HANDLE IT BETTER WHEN THEY GET OLDER(nahhhh!)(we try)GIVE BIGGG HUGS & KISSES TO KYLE AND ALL AND HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL SOON.XOXOXOXO GRANDMA LINDA