Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Going Back To Work

This morning Melanie & I are going for a drug test at Cook's Children's Hospital in Ft. Worth. I hope I pass, it's my first drug test. The program from so many years ago keeps running through my mind:
D-drug
A-abuse
R-resistance
E-education
DARE to be DRUG FREE!
I can't believe I can remember that from elementary and middle school. The policemen, the dog that was a detective (Sgt. Gruff), and the message they sent impacted me so well. I'm glad I didn't do anything illegal. So wish us luck.

By, the way, on a totally different note...for those of you that would like to criticize me for going back to work, want to make me feel guilty, tell me I didn't sacrifice enough, etc.-SAVE it. My mind and heart, are laying it on pretty thick already, I don't need it from anybody else. So unless you're calling/writing to congratulate me-SAVE it, I don't want to hear from you then. You're not walking in our shoes, and you're not providing for my family.

No comments: