Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pumpkin Patch-Celina,TX

We went to the "Big Old Pumpkin Patch" in Celina today. We didn't get a pumpkin though. I already bought 4 from Wal-Mart. But, the idea of the Pumpkin Patch was there. The afternoon started off great. We fed the goats, the sheep, and a Texas Longhorn,(at least I think that's what it was). We played with pumpkins, climbed on hay bales, went on a Hay Ride, walked through the pumpkin patch, and ate a hot dog. On the other hand, the afternoon was disrupted and cut short due to a Yellow Jacket stinging Melanie on her right fore finger.
There's a lot more to this story. However, out of respect for my husband I had to remove what I previously wrote. He's a great guy and I was just mad.
Anyway, enjoy the pictures of the pumpkin patch.
















4 comments:

Karen said...

Do you have a CVS where you are at? If so, go into the department where they keep the cortisone and buy a nifty little cream that is called INSTANT BITE AND STING RELIEF. It is a CVS product in green and white tubing. I swear by this stuff. It literally takes the sting away in minutes. I had to buy it when we found out that we have several yellow jacket hives in my backyard. I know the scream you speak of. It is the most horrific, high pitched, blood curling scream that you hope you never have to hear again. Both of my kids got bit several times by Yellow Jackets and we had to you tobacco to kill the sting. It works. I am so sorry it happened to her. I really love the pic of her on the haystack and then you all on the haystacks and pumpkins. I hope she feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

Glad you changed your post, Michelle. MOM

Anonymous said...

CUTE PIC'S!TOO BAD ABOUT THE BEE STING,BUT I'M SURE SHE LOVED THE PUMPKINS AND ANIMALS ANYWAY.ARE YOU GOING TO YOUR SISTER'S OR STAYING HOME FOR HALLOWEEN?HOPE WE GET TO SEE PIC'S OF THE COSTUMES.KEEP ENJOYING YOUR DAYS,LOVE YOU ALL ALWAYS,XOXOXOXO GRANDMA LINDA(MOM)

Anonymous said...

ASK DUANE ABOUT IF HE REMEMBERED ABOUT USING MUD ON A STING,WHILE THE MUD DRIES IT DRAWS THE STINGER OUT.ALSO HELPS TO SOOTHE THE PAIN OF THE STING. HOPE THIS HELPS...MISS YOU,LOVE YOU ALL, GRANDMA LINDA