Thursday, August 14, 2008

Happy Retirement Mom

My mom is RETIRING! That is sooooo WEIRD! I have quite a few fond memories of her administrative career. When I was growing up I remember going to work with my Mom several times at RUSD. It was always so much fun. I think that's where Lori and I learned our ORGANIZATIONAL skills from. We would file for our Mom and her co-workers, play on the type writer, color, & take stuff out of boxes to put them away. And now that she is retiring I guess it's safe to say, that's where we got some of our school supplies! Folders, 3 ring binders, pencil, pens, highlighters...you name it! We always got to go out to lunch. Co-workers would give us candy. The cafeteria ladies would let us have cookies. It wasn't work, it was fun time! Even as an adult I enjoyed going to RUSD. When I was pregnant with Kyle, I would have lunch with Mom at least once a week, and her co-workers were so encouraging and excited about my Mom being a Grandma, and me being pregnant. There are some nice people there. Now, that I am older, married with 2 children and moved away, Mom tells us that her co-workers are still interested in how Lori & I are doing. That's nice. Although I never worked there, only visited, I am a tiny bit sad that my Mom will no longer be working at RUSD, and I'll never get to drive to Riverside again to hang out with her for lunch. For the first time in a long time, I wish I was back in CA for one more day...I wish I could take you out to lunch at Spoons. Well, enough with the sappiness. I hope you enjoy retirement Mom, you deserve some relaxation. This video clip is for you. Enjoy your last day at WORK!!!

2 comments:

Lori said...

That is such a cute post. I was thinking about doing a retirement post as well. I remember going to her work and "helping her." I don't remember that you got to do that too. Mom was taking us to work before the "Take Your Daughter to Work Day" even existed. I love the YouTube video.

Anonymous said...

Michelle, Thanks for this special blog--it cracked me up! I am glad you have good memories of RUSD--I do as well. I love you! MOM