Monday, August 25, 2008

Back To School For Kyle

Can you believe it...it's that time of year again. Kyle's first day of fourth grade is today. I keep wondering what I'm going to do without him? For the last couple of weeks I've heard parents talk about how they can't wait for shcool to start-the kids are driving them nuts. Not me! He was my helper, my buddy. My somebody else to talk to other than a baby, grocery clerk and my walking buddy Rebekah. The house is so quite. There is no TV, nobody ringing the doorbell for Kyle, no kids laughing, yelling, no basket ball bouncing, no cap guns banging, no skate boards screeching. It's just the sound of quiet...until the baby wakes-up! That's OK, I'll get used to it. Then it will be hard to have him back full time for winter break. Anyhoo, Kyle's teacher's name is Mrs. Wassum. We met her last Thursday at back to school night and she seems very nice. I really hope Kyle has an awesome year at Vega. Last year will be very hard to beat. He had an AMAZING teacher, Ms. Holeman, she just adored Kyle,and he her. She was so fun, strict, but FUN! I don't think I ever saw Kyle as confident, comfortable and as happy with school as he was last year. Even homework time wasn't a struggle. He was a leader, a good role model, and an adovacate for new students. I'm very proud of him and I hope he has a great first day of school.
So here are a few pics of what Kyle's first morning of school was like. He took a shower, although he took one last night, he played his play station, ate breakfast, played with Melanie, watched cartoons, and then we walked to school.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI THERE EVERYONE! WOW...BOY DID THAT BRING BACK MEMORIES OF HOW I FELT WHEN THE KIDS WENT BACK TO SCHOOL!!! I HATED IT WHEN THEY WENT BACK, I LOVED HAVING THEM AROUND,DOING THINGS WITH THEM AND THEIR FRIENDS. THEY WERE FUN TO WATCH AND THEY WERE GROWING UP TO FAST. BUT NOW I GET TO SEE THE AWESOME GRANDKIDS GROWING UP,LOVING THEM IN ALL THEIR GLORY OF ADVENTURE AND IMAGINATION RUNNING WILD! THEY ALWAYS LOOK SO CONTENT AND SELF-ASSURED,MAKING A PERSON LAUGH WITH ALL THE FACIALS THEY DO!I WISH I COULD BE THERE PERSONALLY,IN THE MEANTIME KYLE LOOKED VERY HANDSOME(AGAIN)FOR HIS FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL! AGAIN THANK YOU FOR THE WONDERFUL PICS,YOU ARE AWESOME FAMILY AND REMEMBER I LOVE YOU ALL!XOXOXOXO,GRANDMALINDA