Monday, January 7, 2008

Growing Up



Kyle no longer resembles my baby boy AT ALL. He hasn't for a couple of years. But now when I see him in these pictures I no longer see a little boy. The image of a young man is peering through. He used to be a mama's boy-sometimes he still can be. But for the most part my son is growing up. He's only 9-yet I can see the kind of man he will become shining through. He's a protector, he's a comedian, he's a cuddler, he's sensitive;yet strong. He's very opinionated, smart, courageous, inspirational, bright, ambitious, curious, handsom, and FUN! I wish I had a digital camera 9 years ago-so that I may share the baby photo's of Kyle. But the people who read this blog lived with Kyle as a baby and I'm sure remember the blonde curley afro Kyle used to have. Everyone would comment on his beautiful curls! As a young Mom I sure relied on the help of my parents on how to be a good Mom. Sometimes I did as I was told and sometimes I didn't. But, I always tried my best. The kind of relationship I wanted to have with Kyle was always on my mind: Open, communicative, loving, strong, unconditional. I definitely try my best to be the best Mom I can to him. I just love this big boy so much and I can't believe he's going to be 10 years old! Do you people know what that means? That means in 10 more years I'll be 40 and Kyle will be 20! That is CRAZY how time flies! Ten years is NOT that far away! So much has transpired in 9 years! I've gotten married to a great guy, I've moved to Texas ,I given birth to a daughter, and instead of pursuing a nursing career and becoming a RN I have quite my job to be a stay at home Mom. Which by the way Kyle says he is "so happy about!" How wonderful life is. How wonderful my son is. He is a fantastic big brother, a great son, and I'm sure, will be fine, fine young Man. This post was inspired by my niece Kate. Thanks to her first birthday I have been reminising about Kyle's birth, first birthday and going through the thousands of pictures I took of him. I LOVE YOU KYLE! I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART. I'M PROUD AND HONORED TO BE YOUR MOM.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Great post! You could scan Kyle's photos into your computer. Do you have a scanner?

Anonymous said...

Michelle,

I really enjoyed this post! You should print out a hard copy and give to Kyle a hard copy sometime in the future. Very loving and meaningful blog.

MOM