Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Exercise to Turn a Transverse Baby

This is what I found on several different websites, the Forward Leaning Inversion.  Uhhh...say what?  LOL! I asked my midwife if Duane & I could do this and she said yes! Absolutely. This baby has been pushing and rubbing and hanging out in my right rib area for quite some time. Yesterday by the end of the day I almost couldn't bare it. So, we attempted it. I think it was a success. (knock on wood) So far I feel much heavier in my lower abdomen instead of top heavy and the soreness in my rib cage, which would normally be pretty strong by now, seems to be less. So lets keep our fingers crossed and pray this baby goes head down. I really loved and appreciated how Duane got on the floor with me & kept time. I had to do it for 30-60 seconds, times 2. We did it 3 times cause the first time I don't think I was in the correct position. The rush of blood to my head was almost stifling, but I kept my calm & started deep breathing. I'm super thankful he laid there with me. Kyle was a good supporter taking pictures. Melanie was there giving encouragement. Even Brownie laid close by on my sweatshirt close by me. My family rocks!

2 comments:

Mom said...

I hope the baby isn't giving Duane to much discomfort in his rib cage area! LOL! MOM

Lori said...

I love it. Good job family. Seems like good practice for labor and birth!