Monday, January 6, 2014

Pregnancy Week 28

My midwife appointment went great on Jan. 2. I learned I'm going to have 2 midwives as well as a midwife in training present at my birth. Kyle thinks I'm "large" for being 28 weeks or 7 months. So at his and Melanie's request Ms. Mercy, my midwife hunted around for 2 babies. She palpated me extensively and checked for 2 heartbeats. Both came back negative. A little disappointing, but not surprising. I already knew there was one sweet baby growing. I'm super thankful for that one. However, apparently I have been complaining a lot about upper right abdominal/rib cage soreness, enough that Duane encouraged me to tell Mercy about it. As she palpated me she noticed this baby was lying transverse with the head engaged in my right upper rib area. Transvers, huh? Well, that explains it. Pam, the other midwife, had me lay down on our bed, take a few deep breaths while she gently manipulated my abdomen trying to change the baby's position. It worked for a minute. But right after those ladies left it went right back to it's special spot. LOL! Stubborn baby. :-) Guess I'll just keep doing my pelvic tilts. Those are always effective! - - - Now I know pregnant women shouldn't spend too much time on their backs. However, I was very curious to see what my belly looked like lying in a supine position. YIKES!!! I'm HUGE!!!

1 comment:

Mom said...

It pretty much looks the same way as when you are standing up! LOL! You are HUGE, Michelle! And I see your belly button has become an "outy!" Glad everything is going well!