Monday, August 23, 2010

Today is THE DAY!

Today is the BIG DAY!!! Kyle starts Scott Johnson Middle School! He is SUPER excited!!! Kyle will be riding his bike to school most days. It's about a mile ride both ways. Not too bad. Last week Kyle & I took a bike ride there & back. It took about 10 minutes. Then he went with his 2 buddies-Dylan & Luke 2 more times! He's become so proactive this Summer-mowing lawns to make money, trying to find "his" style while school clothes shopping, & wanting to know the route & timeline to & from school. I'm so proud of him. He's really changing. Walking that fine line of boy & young man. That's a hard transition. He sure has been a sticker several times over the this past year, but I think I'M FINALLY STARTING TO UNDERSTAND. It took me a while, but I am FINALLY remembering being on that fine line. Kyle & I will work through it-this is OUR YEAR!
On Sundays a church worships in the cafeteria of Scott Johnson. So yesterday Duane took Kyle to the school to practice his locker. Duane said everyone ushered them into the cafeteria, & they made a B-Line for the exit into the hallway to find Kyle's locker! LOL!! Duane was able to get video on his phone of Kyle figuring out his combo. He did it 8 times without problems!!!! Duane showed him how to do it, Duane was patient & encouraging & Kyle did it! Just what Kyle needed-practice, time & patience. Duane is SUPER GREAT! And that is 1 less thing for Kyle to worry about or feel awkward about on his first day of school. What a relief, huh.
I will be taking him to school this morning (he wants me to!). He's letting me bring my camera today & I get to take pictures of him. He's proud to be in middle school!
I wish you luck Kyle! I hope you have a GREAT day! I'll be thinking about you throughout the day hoping you're having FUN!!! I'm proud of you & I love you!

3 comments:

Lori said...

So proud of him too. Study hard buddy!

Anonymous said...

Papa and I are proud of you, too, Kyle! Have a great school year, and remember that we love you very much. Glad you first day was so exciting and enjoyable for you. We enjoyed talking to you on the phone very much! Love you, Grandma & Papa

Anonymous said...

WHAT AN AWESOME DAY FOR ALL OF YOU!!! AND HOW PROUD WE ALL ARE OF EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU! BOTH AS PARENTS AND KYLE AS THE YOUNG BOY GROWING INTO A YOUNG MAN BUT STILL WANTING YOU THERE! HOW GREAT IS THAT?!IT SEEMS WE REALLY DO ENJOY EVERY AGE AS OUR CHILDREN GROW...THEY WILL ALWAYS BE OUR "LITTLE ONES" EVEN AS ADULTS.KEEP UP THE GREAT JOB OF RAISING CHILDREN AND I'M SURE THEY WILL CONTINUE TO STUDY HARD,PLAY HARD AND LIVE WELL! GOD BLESS YOU ALL, TAKE CARE AND REMEMBER YOU ARE ALWAYS LOVED, MOM P. XOXOXOXO