Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Kyle's First Day of School

Kyle's First Day as a Middle Schooler went off without a hitch!! He woke-up to his alarm clock at 6:30AM, took a shower, & watched a Hannah Montana Show. I made breakfast for Kyle, Melanie & me-pancakes, bacon, sausage, & fruit. We ate together at the dinning room table. After breakfast, Kyle put the finishing touches on his morning routine and had a 40 minute wait before it was time to leave for school. Ha, ha, ha!!!
Duane came home from work to accompany us on Kyle's first day. We walked into Scott Johnson, and were told to go to the gym to get a new schedule & wait. After getting his revised schedule (which was the same), we asked Kyle, "Do you want us to stay so that we can see you to your locker & or first class?) Kyle "shh'd me & told me "NO! You can go, you can go, you can go!!!) LOL!!! So we went. No pictures on the first morning of middle school.
But Kyle had such a great day that when we went to pick him up he said "Do you want to go back inside now so I can show you I can do my locker and you can get your pictures?" What a GREAT offer, huh?! Of course, I wouldn't be embarrassing NOW because the school would be EMPTY! LOL! So we DID IT! First afternoon middle school pictures. I'll take it!
Happy First Day of Middle School, Kyle!

2 comments:

Ellen Enright said...

Yay Kyle!!!! I was thinking of you yesterday Michelle.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed this video very much! Enjoyed his phone call yesterday even more. He was so excited about his new school and all the new experiences! Have a great year, Kyle! Papa and I are rooting for you every day! Love you, Grandma