Monday, August 3, 2009

Kyle's 11th. Birthday

It's hard to believe that Kyle is 11 years old, and will be entering into the 5th grade. Where does the time go? We didn't have an official "party" for Kyle due to the weather, and so many of his friends "out" for the Summer. I think he still had a good day. We took him bowling in the morning. Lori, Kate, and Lauren came. that was fun. We went to lunch at KFC-one of Kyle's favorites. We came home, sang "Happy B-Day", had some cake, and played some video games. Kyle got 2 new video games for his Wii. Dance Revolution 2-VERY HARD GAME! And My Sims Racing-very fun go-cart game. After that, we decided to go out to dinner too! Kyle chose "Super Buffet". I new Chinese food restaurant-very good. We've been there one time already where I tried Sushi for the first time! It was Salmon Eggs, sea weed, rice and avocado sprinkled with a spicy sauce. I don't recommend it, but at least I tried it! But, on Kyle's B-Day-the special day that it is, we all tried something NEW & EXCITING! Duane tried a cold seafood type salad with octopus, crab, and shrimp. Kyle & I tried just "regular" octopus. And yes, WE ALL ate octopus on his B-Day! Well, except Melanie! It tasted JUST like CHICKEN! It really did. I was all worked up before I ate it. Then as I chewed it, I was pleasantly surprised. I wouldn't go looking for octopus to eat, but if it was offered to me, I wouldn't turn it down. Interesting, huh? We had a good day. Kyle's B-Day was very fun. Lots of family time, laughs, and love.




No comments: