Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back To School-5th Grade

Can you believe it's that time of year again? Kyle will be ruling the elementary school-he's in 5th grade this year! They have cut recess for 5th graders to 3 times a week to help them prepare for NO recess in middle school. They have also taken away snack time. I don't know why. When I was in middle school we had a morning break time where we could have a snack. Out in the "real" world people take breaks. I think it's the law. Texas schools are weird. Do they wonder why their flunk out ratios are high? Enough ranting and raving. This is a special time. Kyle is growing, maturing and become more and more independent. He's right on target. He's so smart, giving, caring, and funny! He's turning out to be quite the young man! I'm very proud of him. His teacher's name is Mrs. Cravens. She seems so fun, dedicated, intelligent and structured. I think Kyle will do very well this year.I look forward to volunteering as much as I can. Because pretty soon he won't want me around! Lol! As you can tell in these pictures he was quite annoyed with me!




4 comments:

Ellen Enright said...

I love the pictures. It was so great seeing y'all yesterday. I think it helped me from having a break down.

Anonymous said...

THE PICS ARE GREAT!! KYLE LOOKS POSED,THAT HE REALLY IS GRITTING HIS TEETH AND MELANIE LOOKS LIKE SHE'S REHEARSING FOR DAY-DREAMING WHEN SHE REALLY IS IN SCHOOL!!I THINK THEY REALLY WANT TO BE AT HOME IN THE POOL IF IT WAS ALL THE SAME TO THEM! :) SO ENJOY THE MOMENTS WHEN YOU CAN, AS YOU SAY THEY WILL ONE DAY BE ALL GROWN UP...BUT NEVER OUT OF OUR LIVES. LOVE YOU ALL, TAKE CARE, LOVE GRANDMA LINDA XOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

I know Kyle got my card wishing him a successful, fun school year. I enjoyed the first day of fifth grade pictures. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Kyle really did look beautiful with long hair. So pretty and such a gorgeous boy and very good looking.