Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Words/Signs Melanie Can Say/Do

I don't know if anyone paid any attention to my columns on the side for the words and signs Melanie was achieving. I had to take it down. First of all I haven't even updated it. Second, I can't keep up with updating it. Melanie says 10 NEW words every couple of days! Right now she's working on "backyard!" What 18 month old can say "backyard?" I don't know very many. Just like her second word was "outside." That's usually NOT a "first words" kinda word. CRAZY! And the signing Melanie is doing-she's better than I am! She tries so hard to do/say "butterfly." Yesterday she walked around signing /saying "book!" Melanie is so smart-I don't know if I can keep up with her.
Don't get me started about how smart Kyle is. Do you know how many books Kyle has read since he started school in August? He has read 31! With the exception of a few/handful, they have ALL been CHAPTER books! That's 5 books per MONTH! I don't think I have read 31 books in my life for pleasure. I only read if I had to. Although, that is changing-I am getting better. Kyle's vocabulary is amazing, his thought process is awesome, his imagination is just coming alive with some of the stories! He's doing wonderful! I couldn't be more proud. And by the way, he can sign too! He's always asking "What's the sign for this, what's the sign for that?"
I have two really great, smart kids.

No comments: