Friday, April 10, 2015

Benevolent

Seriously? That's the name of our street! How SWEET is the name of our street? I LOVE that we will be living on Benevolent.
Definition: intending or showing kindness, showing or motivated by sympathy and understanding and generosity.
   As we have grown in our life together in Texas and learned (still learning) about our Lord Jesus Christ, we have come to see how extremely important it is to GIVE, and I don't just mean in a monetary way.  I've come to realize about myself, that if several days have gone by and I haven't helped someone in some way or given my time or encouragement to someone or thing outside the 4 walls of my home, I start to feel a little funny. Sad, almost. But as soon as I do something for someone-BOOM! Instantly I feel renewed and happy. I'm pretty joyful. I'm content in my life. I am blessed, for sure. But there is something to say about giving to and doing for others that just makes you feel HAPPY. It's pure AWESOMENESS. My hope is that we will continue in our giving to our old community, and start giving to our new community. I can't wait to meet our entire subdivision, our neighbors.
 Our friends and neighbors here are throwing us a "Lookout Dr. Good-Bye Cookout". A kind of block party. So sweet of them. Duane mentioned that since we will be the first people on our end of Benevolent that we should become the welcoming committee to the others as they move in, as well as encourage our neighbors to host an annual cookout/block party. I LOVE THAT IDEA. And can you believe my sweet (used to be shy) hubby offered that? :-) We have learned that we love entertaining! So come on Lord, bring on the people to meet, entertain and serve! We look forward to it. We are honored to do it. I know God put us on this street for a reason. I hope, I pray, that we can live up to our street's name.

No comments: