Monday, February 9, 2015

Dad Refuses to Give Up Newborn Son With Down Syndrome

I was first introduced to this article by Duane, then it was sent to me by my sister.  I L.O.V.E. this article.  I love how brave the father is.  I'm amazed at his unconditional love and devotion.  I'm inspired by his courage to do the right thing for his baby and how his not afraid to ask for help from the public so that the right thing can be accomplished.  I especially love that he's going to give back so other babies and children with Down Syndrome will benefit from this sad turned AWEsome story.   The mom makes me so sad, so frustrated, so angry.  She doesn't have a clue as to what she's missing.  She's so worried about what it will look like to her family and peers in society that she's missing the entire gift and learning experience that she has been given.  So sad.
I'm sure, she's gotta be hurting on the inside, heart breaking for the little one she thought she was getting.  I wish I could talk to her.  All I can do is pray for her and pray for her ex-husband and their son are able to forgive her of her ignorance and cowardice.
This article also hints at how "normal" it is for people to just give up these super sweet babies that have so much potential and love to give.  As well as how much it is needed for people to adopt them.  Orphanages are not a place for babies & children to grow up.  Although they have been given life, that is not a life to grow up in.  It's not a home with a loving mama, dada, siblings, 3 square meals a day, several articles of clothing, sunshine.  The need to step in an advocate for these children is so great. I'm so thankful and proud of this dad and all the people supporting him. 
God truly works in amazing ways.
https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/dad-divorced-by-wife-over-son-with-down-syndrome-110269919772.html

2 comments:

B said...

Wow, awesome!!!

Mom said...

I read this article too, Michelle. I think the baby is probably better off without the mother if she is able to give up this baby because it isn't "perfect." That is not normal motherly behavior. Having a Down Baby doesn't mean everything is lost--=it simple means approaching everything with a mind to learning and doing the best you can for your baby. They still respond to laughter, touch and love! Love and Admire you, Michelle! MOM