Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Kyle's Working for the Man

Kyle has a J.O.B.!!!!! Working at Spring Creek BBQ!!!
Whoa! I can NOT believe my son, my baby...young man, is old enough to get a job. How exciting. Good for you Kyle! Tim used to tell my siblings and I when we were growing up all the time, "Get a job. Get a life. And get out." Well, I think Kyle is following that simple advice. LOL!
He's a sophomore in high school that has a couple goals.
1. Get a truck.
2. Move out.
He has turned into what Duane calls a Worker bee. Yesterday was Kyle's first day on the job. He was a bus boy. He was wiping down tables, taking out trash, sweeping, and all kinds of good stuff. When I was a waitress at Spoons & Chili's I remember my bus boys more than the other servers. Bus boys work super hard and they have to be fast. It's too bad Kyle won't get any tips. Bus boys really deserve them. He looks a little worn out. When I dropped him off he was in hyper happy good spirits! He couldn't wait to get there & start earning some cash. When I picked him up last night he was still in good spirits. He told me all about his shift, how nice everyone is and that he can't wait to go back. He also said something that I think a lot of American adults are missing these days. "It feels good to work." It does. It feels good to earn money/something. Kyle is a hard worker. He's always enjoyed earning cash for taking care of some one's lawn, washing their car, chores, etc. I think he's going to have a good work ethic. He takes pride in what he does (except if maybe I tell him to do something). LOL! We are super proud of you Kyle! Now all he has to do is keep up with his grades.
I also can't wait to go visit him at his very first job.  I remember my mom & sister did that to me.  I didn't mind it.  Kyle will, but we're gonna do it anyway.   That's my job.  :-)   I've already warned him.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Yeah Kyle! I'm proud of you!

Mom said...

We are proud of him too! When me and Lori visited you at work, you were older than Kyle--perhaps that is the difference! He is growing up so fast!