Friday, May 23, 2014

Mama's Milk (Pumping, Feeding, Storing) **warning....bare skin**

This is what I have to do everyday. Pump. While pumping, especially in the middle of the night, giving Sean a bottle. Look at all this extra milk. I am so thankful that I can produce all this milk. I finally talked Duane into buying a small deep freezer from craigslist. Breast milk doesn't last as long in a traditional freezer as it does in a deep freezer. I don't want to waste a drop. I plan on pumping for as long as I can-one year is my goal. So if I can give Sean breast milk long after one year...HALLELUJAH! Speaking of not wasting a drop, even Brownie gets to have Sean's leftovers. I give it to her when Sean has had his fill and it's too old to be put back in the fridge or frozen. What a lucky dog! I have seen 2 lactation consultants and contacted the La Leche League. Part of me has accepted that I won't be able to breast feed this cutie patutie baby. But the other part of me, the part that I firmly believe is doubled in Sean, STUBBORNESS, believes that he may one day find comfort and pleasure and nutrition from breast feeding. So I keep trying. Down Syndrome babies CAN breast feed. I've read it, I heard it, I've seen it. Sean has breast fed, with & without a nipple shield. With and without a SNS. So today we're headed back to our super awesome lactation lady. :-)
Sean Nursing on 3-27-14 3-31-14 4-25-14

3 comments:

Mom said...

You know I wish you and Sean success. I admire how you never give up, Michelle. I love you.

Lori said...

Hooray for Mama's milk!

B said...

Look at all that milk, wow!!