Thursday, May 15, 2014

Amazing

Sometimes I worry I'm not going to be the best mom for Sean. I know that God has gifted me with him on purpose, God doesn't make mistakes, and God has a plan for me and our family with Sean. But sometimes I can't help but be concerned that I may not be the best fit. Am I giving him enough attention? Am I pushing to hard with trying to breast feed or not enough? Do I hold him enough? Am I doing right by him with...well, with anything? So with all this running through my head while giving Sean a bottle and sitting at the dinner table with Melanie, I thought out loud.
"I hope you like our family, Sean." 
Melanie's response...
"Of course he does. Especially the amazing Mama!"

Seriously? Where did that come from? You can't possibly imagine the warmth and love I felt and relief and shock all at the same time. Melanie just warms my heart. God has truly blessed me with a super sweet daughter. This world has so many critics, so much pessimism and yet she always has a smile and an encouraging word. I strive to be more like Melanie. Being her mama has taught me A LOT. I love you Melanie and I think YOU are amazing.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Yes, those are the thoughts of the enemy trying to creep into your mind. You are a Masterpiece and God loves you and will help you every step of your mama journey.

Anonymous said...


Out of the mouths of babes!! And you are surprised?! I can hear Melanie saying that, she's an amazing person too! She will also be an inspiration to her little brother with all the love that comes from her! Love you all always, bear hugs, and THANK YOU for being you! xoxo Linda xoxo