Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Melanie Homeschooling-Math

I think Melanie's educational strong points are in math & science. We are nearly done with our Kindergarten Math Book. She is just moving right along doing page after page! It seems to me & I think it's REALLY neat, that when Melanie is counting on or adding equations she can "see" it in her mind. She doesn't seem to need to use her fingers or use objects to count with. It's almost like she's making tally marks in her mind. I find it facinating. I wasn't able to do things like that until I was older.

2 comments:

Lori said...

This is so amazing! I remember doing math worksheets like this in 2nd grade! Impressive Melanie!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm super impressed. I don't know any 5 year olds that can add like that, seriously!
-Beka =)