Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Kyle Is GROWING-UP

Just this Saturday when we were all in the car,  Duane & I were discussing when we should go & vote. Kyle joined in and asked if he could. We told him that he wasn't old enough that he had to be 18. He then said "OK, I'll just vote in the next one for the next president." Duane & I just sat there & thought about that for a minute...HE WILL be able to vote for the next president!!!! Can you believe that????? Kyle will be able to vote & SOON. As it is he's already making mental notes on what kind of car he wants. Him & Duane go back & forth discussing cars, responsibility, jobs & they are even looking at cars on CRAIGSLIST. On Sunday I came home to a spotless house. Kyle went through vacuumed, dusted, mopped, did his laundry, cleaned his bathroom, cleaned Melanie's room & organized her toys. I just can't believe he's old enough to do ALL of these things or even talk about them. I remember taking him to & from pre-school, kindergarten, & every other grade. I remember when he enjoyed me coming to his school to have lunch with him. Now if we're seen in public together we're a couple feet apart. HA! :) He goes to the movies by himself or with friends. I took him to the Dr. yesterday because he has had a cough for nearly a month. (turns out he has strep) But that is beside the point...he weighed 110 lbs and stands 5'3 and a half inches. WHAT??? He is a half an inch shorter than ME! Time is seriously going WAY TOO FAST. My kids just need to stop growing, just for a couple of years as well as Lori's. JUST STOP GROWING!!!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Very nice post, Michelle. Yes there are times when you want them to stay young forever. I have so many wonderful memories of Baby and Toddler Kyle! So grateful for that.

Lori said...

Say what? He cleaned the whole house? Wow. If he ever wants to be a life guard, he can always come work at our pools.

Mom said...

I'm going to have Kyle spend the summer with me..cleaning house!!!!!!!!!!!!