Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Oh Smokey

In the middle of the day Smokey caught a huge bird...fat pigeon like bird. He must have caught it in the back yard & brought in through the dog door. The bird must have scrambbled through our house trying to get away from Smokey.  It ran into the wall splattering blood on the wall, yellow chair, carpet, then flew into the dinningroom window getting blood on the blinds then flew into the front door, splattering blood on the floor & glass screen door.  He just stayed there & waited to see if he could just get out the glass door. At that point I came inside, grabbed a tupperware container. I wrapped my hand around the wings to keep it from fluttering, put it in the tupperware bowl, opened the glass door & released my hold on it's wings. It immediatly flew away. It had a gash on it's neck. I hope it wasn't too bad & it survived.



1 comment:

Mom said...

That poor, terrified bird, Michelle! I'm so glad you were able to save it! mOM