Sunday, February 27, 2011

New Paint, New Carpet-Looks like a NEW HOUSE!

Bye, bye vomit brown paint!  Helloooooooooo Sloan Manilla!  Bye, bye, nasty, stinky, blagh blue carpet!  Helloooooo Pathfinder!
We did it.  We FINALLY did it!  We couldn't take it any longer.  Duane & I broke down & bought new carpet for our house.  And since we can't get new carpet without updating our puke brown walls, we bought new paint too!  Hip, hip, HORAY!  Oh yeah, those totally outdated valences we had that came with the house-THEY ARE GONE TOO!  HALLELUJAH!
I can''t believe how different, open, crisp & cheerful the house looks!  We should have done it a long time ago!  We still have to do the kitchen, dinning room & entry way.  We only did the living room & hallway in preparation for the new carpet.  Thank goodness I'm off on Sundays!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! IT LOOKS FANTASTIC!! I LOVE THE FEELING AFTER PAINTING AND RE-DOING A ROOM! IT JUST AMAZES ME AND I WALK THRU IT WITH A WONDER-FILLED FEELING! I ALWAYS THINK "WHY DIDN'T I DO THIS EARLIER?"...THEN I THINK..BUT I DID DO IT NOW AND I LOVE IT! LOVE ALL THE PAINTERS TOO! :) TAKE CARE AND HOPE ALL KEEPS WARM, GRANDMA LINDA XOXOXOXO

Ellen Enright said...

Oh Wow!!!!!! It looks wonderful!! I'm sure it feels wonderful as well!

Lori said...

Congrats! Love it.

Anonymous said...

A dramatic change! Beautiful! MOM