Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A New Car (Say it like you're on a game show!)

So my Suzuki is only 3 years old, had only 28,000 miles on it but it was a JUNKER! So instead of continuing to pour money into a car that isn't going to last the life of our loan, we decided to try to do a little research & figure out what is a safe, good quality, long lasting, comfortable, roomy car. Nearly 2 weeks ago we started this process. I test drove a Ford Expedition with the thought that it's big, bulky, safe & roomy. NOT!!! It is big, bulky and gas guzzling! For an SUV that "looks" huge, it sure didn't have much more leg & elbow room than my Suzuki. It was just longer & taller. If I had the 3rd. row seat up there was the same amount of room for trunk space as my Suzuki. Very disappointing. Then there was the Toyota Sienna-yeah a MINI VAN! AWESOME!!!!!!!! Very safe, very comfortable, seats 7 people-REALLY-with plenty of leg room. How do we know? Duane rode in the 3rd. row! It's comfortable, drives well, roomy, and safe. Unfortunately, the one we wanted to buy had a tire recall on it. So needless to say we didn't get that one. On the way home from the Toyota dealership we just happened to stop by the Honda dealership. I test drove a Honda Odyssey-pretty good. I had some seat issues during the test drive-couldn't quite get comfortable, felt like I was driving a bus. So we went home & thought about it. Duane followed up with the Honda man & they offered to let us use it for a time like it was ours so that we could be fully informed about our decision. I took it to the library, went to the grocery store. Duane drove it a little & discovered the "cool" seat adjustment button!!! Duane adjusted the seat, I got in adjusted it a little more & what do you know...I didn't feel like I was driving a bus!!!!! This is by far the COOLEST MINI VAN ON EARTH!!!!! I didn't know Mini Vans have come this far! If I did, we would have bought 1 a LONG TIME AGO! Automatic everything, Captain's chairs in the middle row-more room for Kyle & Melanie, 3rd. row seating with leg & elbow room (even for adults), and trunk space-don't even get me started! Leather seating, DVD player, hidden Lazy Susan for storage, dual A/C controls-I'm 75 degrees, Duane is 62! This Mini Van has EVERYTHING! I LOVE IT! And guess what else...it's a HONDA. It's safe, durable, long lasting and has no record of a recall, and the BEST part-the monthly payments is over $100.00 CHEAPER per month than the Suzuki!!!!
I'm sure there's more "cool" stuff to tell you, but this is all I can remember!
It really does pay to research before you buy & to sleep on it!
2007 Certified Honda Odyssey
78,000 miles
Has new Tires, new brakes
Bumper-to-bumper with everything in between & around covered warranty




4 comments:

Lori said...

Yeah for Honda! I've heard so many good things about the Odyssey. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Michelle! I love my Honda, and the mini-van we had when you guys were growing up really came in handy. MOM

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!! DO WE HEAR "ROAD-TRIPS" IN THE BACK-ROUND? HAVING MORE SPACE AND BEING COMFORTABLE WHILE RIDING WITH EVERYTHING AT YOUR FINGER-TIPS IS SUCH A GREAT FEELING! AND DOESN'T MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE DOING EVERYTHING TO KEEP EVERYONE SAFE! HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON, LOVE YOU ALL, MOM P. XOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

LAST NOTE SHOULD READ "DOESN'T IT MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD...." SORRY ABOUT THE MIX-UP. MOM P. XOXO