Monday, September 13, 2010

Playgroup

I'm hosting our playgroup for the first time this morning. Apparently I'm a little nervous. I had a dream last night that a mob of moms & toddlers came, ransacked our home & took a saw to my back patio cover. I woke-up so P.O.'d that I had watery eyes.
I will admit, I have some reservations in hosting. Mostly, I'm embarrassed about my beat-up blue carpet and interior paint job. One must admit, they can be an eye sore. But really-my house is probably perfect for hosting play group! No one has to worry about their child tearing up my carpet & walls! My kids & pets have already done it. Whew!! I do feel better now.
I'm sure my dream was just a dream. No one REALLY wants to tear apart our most prized household possession, right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're just nervous because it's the first time you've hosted! I bet everyone had a great time! It's great that your involved and active with the neighborhood kids! Love you....MOM

Lori said...

Trust me, none of their houses have perfect carpet and walls either.

Anonymous said...

I DON'T THINK THAT THEY WANTED TO COME OVER JUST TO JUDGE YOUR HOUSE, I THINK YOU SURROUND YOURSELVES WITH PEOPLE OF GOODNESS.YOU WERE PROBABLY FEELING NERVOUS, AS THEY WOULD IF YOU WERE GOING TO THEIR HOUSE.IT'S NICE OF YOU TO OPEN YOUR DOORS AND SHARE WITH THE ADULTS THE SAME WAY THE KIDS HAVE BEEN DOING WHILE OUTSIDE PLAYING WITH THE OTHER KIDS. SOMETIMES ITS NICE TO BE ABLE TO GET TOGETHER WITH THE NEIGHBORS AND JUST RELAX AND VISIT. ENJOY THEM, I'M SURE YOUR NEIGHBORS DID. :) LOVE YOU ALL, MOM P. XOXOXOXO