Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Happy Birthday Melanie!

Nearly a week before Melanie's birthday, Kyle & I were talking about singing Happy Birthday to Melanie & other details about her birthday. When all of a sudden Melanie came between us & said "And I won't cry this time Mom! I won't cry." At first I was confused. Then Kyle helped me remember-she did cry when we sang the Happy Birthday song. I couldn't believe that she remembered! She has a GREAT memory!
So here's a "Happy Birthday" then and now.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I totally forgot she cried too. And it's such a sad cry! And you are right, she looks like she's trying to be brave and not cry in the other video. Aren't kids memories so amazing! I tell Kate she has a good memory at least once a week. She remembers the craziest things.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Lori--that video of her 2nd birthday just makes you want to cry too! Such a brave, sweet little girl to tell you she will not cry this time! MOM