Thursday, June 26, 2008

I've Been SAVED!


On Monday, the 16th of June I sat down with Preacher Jim, and my friend Rebekah to be ENLIGHTENED on Faith, Jesus, GOD, and what they all mean. That was quite an experience, let me tell you. I have never been one to deny GOD in my life, however, I haven't been one to say "I BELIEVE" either. I've prayed on occasion-in my selfish time of need, and verbally reprimanded HIM for letting BAD things happen to GOOD people. One thing I never understood was "How does one go to HEAVEN?" I don't think I ever really asked either. Maybe I even thought "Heaven, Hell, GOD, Prayers" were all hockus pokus. I'm sure there's quite a few people in this life that possibly feel the same way. Or feel angry towards "FAITH". Then there are some that just aren't sure what to believe. I used to fall into ALL of those categories-and then some. I didn't even know what it meant to go to church. After all, I was told to go there as a child just so that my parents would have a quiet Sunday morning without their 3 kids. I never understood the meaning. Why would I believe in something I was pushed to do anyway?
Not anymore. Over the last 8 and a half months, I have been asking my friend Rebekah all about her Faith, GOD, JESUS, the Bible, and other religions. She's a smart cookie. She actually had answers to all my questions-answers that made sense. Not the whole "miracle answers", but real "hard core" answers. And, since we all know she can't possibly know EVERYTHING, if she didn't know the answer she would find out, either from her book of answers (the BIBLE), or by asking her Preacher. Let me tell you, I have learned a lot. I've learned some differences between religions, Bibles, and churches. I learned all these things while walking and talking. It's amazing what 1-2 hours of walking 5 days a week can do to someone. Not only was I exercising my body, I was exercising my mind, and the Faith I never knew I had. All of that while making a friend.
I've been to church 3 times-twice to the same Baptist church, and once to a Church of Christ, all prior to my SAVED experience. I wanted to know what it meant to go to church, and what the difference is. My experience all 3 times was STRESSFUL! The first time I went to Rebekah's Baptist Church, a member made me cry for not wanting to place Melanie in the nursery-BEFORE she even made a peep of noise. The second time (at Rebekah's church) I chills, tears, and apprehension-GOD was calling my name that day. But, I was too afraid. My third attempt at Church of Christ was BOREDOM, and disbelief in what the church and their Faith actually meant. One of the leaders of that church actually e-mailed me SEVERAL times prior to my visit, encouraging me to take a look. However, after attending this past Sunday, I haven't heard a word from him. Not even a "Thank you for coming." Or, "Do you have any questions?" Or, "Please come again." I will obviously not go back to that one.
I like the Baptist church. I LOVE Preacher Jim. He's great with GOD'S word, he's easy to talk to, not judgemental, very encouraging,and most of all-I LOVE how he asked me "What are you afraid of, what have you got to lose by not believing?" The answer to that question is "NOTHING." So at that point I sat beside him, with a baby on my lap-with a poopy diaper at that, held his hand, held Rebekah's hand and at that moment Prayed to be forgiven of all my sins. Vowed to believe and follow Christ, and I asked to be SAVED. What an experience. It all happened so quickly, that I hope I didn't leave anything out!
Kyle too, has been SAVED. He believes, and has FAITH.
Besides the gift of GOD in our life, Rebekah gave Kyle & I BIBLES. How nice was that? Kyle has already started reading his. He finds it fascinating that GOD created water, land, whales, dirt..etc. How sweet is that? He has said Grace before eating, and has had a "Bible Study" with a neighbor boy. I'm so glad. I pray that he continues his interest and continues his Faith.
Why did I want to be SAVED? I like knowing that I have a rock to lean on in time of grief, tragedy, and in time of joy and excitement. I actually feel a relief that I have chosen to have Faith. I want to go to Heaven and enjoy my Eternal Life. I look forward to having my first Bible study and learning about the Man that I have since put my Faith in.
Do you KNOW where you are going when your life on Earth ends? Have you been SAVED? If not, what are you afraid of? And what will you have to lose?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, WOW, WOW, What a blog Michelle! I want to cry. That is priceless. You have encouraged me so much. I am honored to be your walking buddy and friend. I'm blown away at what God has done in your life. All I have to say is... Praise Jesus for dying for our sins that we can even have the opportunity to accept the gift of eternal life in Heaven!!!!!!
-Beka

Lori said...

What a beautiful testimony! So eleganty worded. Amen!

Anonymous said...

Praise the LORD!!
May God bless you and Kyle as you learn more about HIM and draw closer to HIM. Quoting a wise Brother in the Lord on the Bible, "It has been said, 'Sin will keep you from this Book, this Book will keep you from sin.' Read it! Heed it! Speak it! Live it!"

We are all praying for you and looking forward to seeing you at church.
Love in Christ,
Sherry for the Lausers

Anonymous said...

Mammacita,

You said so much, with few words! Thank you. I want you to know the details of what you shared, will help others a great deal!

I was 'shhhd' in the coffee and video lounge last week at church and my baby wasn't even being loud--I felt so disheartened by the misdirected 'usher' and thought "wow what if I was visiting". I've been attending my church for a year and half, and I still don't put my child in the nursery. Mom to Mom, believer to believer, never feel pressured by anyone to place your child in the nursery, you don't have to!

With that said--bear hugs to you and your exercise buddy, and caring new pastor!

Anonymous said...

I am also very happy that you and Kyle have trusted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to speak with you the other day! It is testimonies like yours that make service for Jesus a total joy in my life!

I wanted to also include something that I put on our website a few years ago (www.centralbaptistmckinney.org)that hopefully might help others that might be wondering about heaven, and their own salvation.

I pray the Lord will use it to draw others to Him! God Bless You!

God does love you, and you can know that when you die you will go to heaven.

1 John 5:13 says, "These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."

God gave us the Bible so we could KNOW we can go to heaven. Most people spend their whole lives just always hoping and wondering that they have done enough or are worthy enough to get to heaven. But the truth is we don't go to heaven because of what WE do for HIM; we go to heaven because of what JESUS did for US.

Titus 3:5 says, "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;"

Ephesians 2:8 reinforces this: "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God not of works lest any man should boast."

You see, if we could have been good enough to get to heaven by ourselves, we would not have needed Jesus, and He would not have had to die on the cross to pay for our sin. We are ALL sinners. Therefore, we ALL need a Savior.

Romans 3:10-18 says, "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Their throat is an open sepulcher; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips: Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness: Their feet are swift to shed blood: Destruction and misery are in their ways: And the way of peace have they not known: There is no fear of God before their eyes."

Romans 3:20 – "Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin."

Romans 3:23 – "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."

Romans 10:13 – "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

I know I am going to heaven because I am a "whosoever", and I called on the Lord asking Him to forgive me and save me, and He says I SHALL BE SAVED! Not might or maybe, but shall! I am not saved because I go to church, give to the church, or preach in a church. I am not saved because I am a Baptist, Methodist, Catholic, or anything else! I am saved because John 6:37 says, "him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out." I came to Jesus with childlike faith and He forgave and saved me! You say it is hard for you to have faith? At first we have just a little faith, but we gain faith by reading and studying the word of God and then trusting, applying it and watching it work!

Romans 10:17 – "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

My faith has steadily grown because the more I learn of the Bible the more I begin to see that it really does work in our lives. I hope this helps you some. Here is what you need to do. Read your Bible daily, pray daily, get in a good Bible-believing, Bible-teaching church where the preacher doesn't bore you to tears, and go every chance you get.

My favorite verse is Psalm 120:1 – "In my distress I cried unto the LORD, and he heard me." If you are truly seeking God, you will find Him.

Deuteronomy 4:29 – "But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul."

1 Chronicles 28:9 – "And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever."

2 Chronicles 15:2 – "And he went out to meet Asa, and said unto him, Hear ye me, Asa, and all Judah and Benjamin; The LORD is with you, while ye be with him; and if ye seek him, he will be found of you; but if ye forsake him, he will forsake you.

Hebrews 11:6 – "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."

Read your Bible. That is where you will find hope, and the peace that passes all understanding. Jesus is the Prince of Peace. Most people are not hungry for God they are full of themselves, proud, arrogant, and haughty. Look at these verses:

James 4:6 – "But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble."

Proverbs 16:18 – "Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Proverbs 29:23 – "A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit."

Matthew 23:12 – "And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted."

James 4:10 – "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up."

1 Peter 5:6 – "Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:"

I urge you now to invite the Lord Jesus into your heart and pray this simple prayer:

Lord Jesus, I ask you to forgive my sin and come into my heart. I trust you right now as my only hope for Heaven. I thank you for dying on the cross for me. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

I hope something that was said here has been a help to you. I know God loves you, and that He directed you to this web site for a reason. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate e-mail Pastor Jim Taliaferro at jimskyone@sbcglobal.net

Andrea "The H family" said...

Hi Michelle, I'm Lori's neighbor Andrea. I wanted to cry reading your blog. Seriously...I am tearful. I say this because I remember the very day I got on my knees and felt the peace of Christ for the first time in my life. I was 29 years old. Christ has radically changed my life. Radically. Your friend demonstrated what Jesus did. Walked with His companions. Literally. They walked a lot. LOL!
I'm in awe. I can't wait to see you in person and hug you. I hope that's ok. I'm weepy and pregnant and will most likely attack you. LOL. I actually took hostages when I came to Christ. It was kinda scary. But, by God's grace..I've tamed down a bit and just love on people. I can't wait to hear about your journey.
I leave you with the most amazing scripture that God gave me early on in my walk. 2 Corinthians 3:16
"whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is lifted".
My VEIL happened to be DENIM thick. I could not see out at all!
But..after Christ, my eyes were opened and I even started to realize that Christmas music was very spiritual! (a true story)
I was seriously unchurched.
At any rate, Praise GOD He lifted your veil and now your eyes will be greatly blessed.
Big hugs...
Andrea

Anonymous said...

WHAI A TOTLLY AWESOME TESTAMENT!!! I HAVE ALWAYS FELT DEEP FAITH AND LOVE FOR GOD, EVEN AS A SMALL CHILD, SO I ALWAYS THOUGHT EVERYONE FELT THE SAME WAY. WAS I EVER SURPRISED AS I GREW OLDER AND FOUND EVEN THOSE WHO SHOWED UP TO CHURCH WEREN'T THERE FOR "HIM". THEY WERE THERE TO GET OUT OF THERE HOMES OR WERE TOLD TO GO BECAUSE THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO. I PRAYED THAT MY OWN CHILDREN WOULD ALSO FEEL AS I DID AS A CHILD, THEN I PRAYED THEY WOULD KNOW GOD IN THEIR HEARTS AND SOULS WHEN THEY GREW UP AND HAD THEIR OWN FAMILIES. I PRAYED THAT MAYBE THEN THEY WOULD REALIZE THAT WAS WHAT GOD WAS-- OUR FATHER,--AND THAT MAKES US ALL FAMILY. HOW CAN WE THEN DENY HIM? I AM SO HAPPY THAT YOU FOUND AND HE LIVES IN YOUR HEART NOW! GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE ALWAYS LOVED, MOM LINDA XOXOXOXO