Monday, December 21, 2015

The True Meaning of Christmas

Bet you're wondering why I posted the previous video titled Feed the World and We are the World. Although these videos are primarily for giving a helping hand to Africa, they both have spoken to me each time I've heard them, and this Christmas especially. There is just so much going on in the world right now; so many changes, so much hate, murder, blame, so much "look the other way". I just felt really compelled to try to spread the Good News of how much Jesus really LOVES each and everyone of us. We ALL matter. THIS WORLD NEEDS JESUS.  From the person in Africa, to the people in Syria, to the people in Paris, those in Ireland, our people here in America, every other country around the world, the cashier lady at Wal-Mart, the convenience store clerk, the firemen/policeman, the homeless, orphans here, and orphans elsewhere, convicts, your neighbors, my neighbors, children, teenagers, adults and the elderly, your family  members, mine. God wants us to TRY to reach each and everyone of them.  God wants us to love on them all.  1Corintians verse 13 says; And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity (LOVE).  I know it's difficult sometimes.  Believe you me...HA!  I can get irritated and frustrated like no other and quickly sometimes too.  But, I always strive to do better each time I mess up.  I ask forgiveness and hope for grace and mercy.  This Christmas you can too.  Below is the TRUE meaning of Christmas.

Luke 2:10-11 
Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. 11For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
Philippians 2:5-8
5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
John 3:16-18
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 
Romans 6:23
23For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 
Won't you take a minute to reflect on where you'd like to spend eternity and how you'd like to live your life?  You'd never have known how fulfilling your life can be and how free you'll feel.
If you'd like to ask Jesus to come into your heart, you can say a simple little prayer like this one...
Father, I know I'm a sinner deserving of the lake of fire, but as best as I know how, I am trusting you as my only hope for heaven.  Save me, I pray. 
Amen.



THIS video below IS TOTALLY ME...


No comments: