Saturday, May 25, 2013

Wisdom From a 5 Year Old

I had this conversation with Melanie this morning...

As Duane leaves the kitchen towards the hallway I tell him, "I love you Dear." He comes my direction instead towards the living room & says "I love you too." And leans down (I'm sitting on the floor with Melanie) & gives me a kiss.

Melanie says "I love when you guys do that."

I said "What? Kiss?"

Melanie says with a shy little smile, "Yes."

I laugh & say "Why?"

Melanie says "Because it shows you are really good parents."

WOW. What a nice complement Melanie just gave us.

2 comments:

Mom said...

This is a very cute posting, Michelle. Out of the mouths of babes........

Anonymous said...

AS THEY SAY "OUT OF THE MOUTH OF BABES", AND SHE IS SO INTUITIVE AND PICKS UP ON ALL THAT GOES ON AROUND HER! SHE'S RIGHT-YOU BOTH ARE! AND WE AS GRANDPARENTS ARE VERY PROUD OF BOTH OF YOU AS YOU RAISE YOUR FAMILY WITH SUCH DEVOTION AND LOVE. TAKE CARE AND KNOW YOUR ALL LOVED ALWAYS, GRANDMA LINDA XOXOXOXO