Saturday, April 27, 2013

Very Unexpected BLESSINGS at Strutt Your Mutt

Listen closely to the video....
Kyle received a medal! He won FIRST place for his age group!!! Kyle finished 19th. out of A LOT of people! He ran the 5K in 23:52!!! WOW! That's better than his cross country meets. A personal best for my son. AWESOME RUN KYLE! And I received a medal TOOO!!! I won FIRST place for my age group!!!! I ran a personal best also. I ran the 5K in 25:46. I came in 26th. overall. We had a lot of FUN! I was not even expecting to win anything. I just wanted to run with my son, have a super fun family day. And W.O.W. Look what I got...I had such a BLESSED day! I didn't walk, I ran the whole way. Can you believe GOD makes our bodies so strong? We are perfectly made. Thank you GOD for giving me the strength & the courage to run this race (I was worried I'd come in last). Thank you Lord for giving my son the desire to run with his mama and for keeping him super healthy and giving us this sport in common. Thank you Dear Lord for my SUPER FANTASTIC hubby! Duane is AWESOME in his support for us and his encouragement. Thank you Jesus for my SWEET, SWEET Melanie. Her cheers for us gave me a smile during my run. Her & Duane's voice just echoed in my mind. And I can't forget my lil' Brownie dog...Thank you Lord my little weenie dog who enjoyed a day with her family. Thank you for my friends and family for ALL their support with donations to the SPCA and encouraging words. All our family and friends TOTALLY ROCK!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Wow! A personal best for both of you! That's so great! Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is so cool! That you both got FIRST place! I am super impressed! What runners you both are! I liked your thankfulness paragraph at the end of your post, but I especially smiled because it sounds like a winner's speech when the winner is called up to say a word or two and they end up thanking everyone for everything! Wink, wink, Loved it!
-Beka =)