Sunday, November 25, 2012

Operation Christmas Child

I learned about this organization last year but was too late to participate. This year I was determined to do it & get the kids involved. It's Operation Christmas Child through Samaritan's Purse. You donate all kinds of stuff to children across the world. Stuff ranging from toys to hygiene products and you place them in a shoe box type container.  You can even write a note to the child in hopes that they write you back. It's a pretty neat idea. I took Kyle & Melanie out shopping & we loaded up these "shoe box" type containers. Kyle & Melanie both wrote notes. I really hope we get a letter or 2 back. It would be really neat to know the person who received our gifts and make a pen pal friend along the way. I'm especially proud of Kyle & Melanie for enthusiastically taking the time with me to help support another child whom has nothing, maybe not even parents. Really, really proud.

2 comments:

Mom said...

What a wonderful family activity. The kids who receive these boxes will really be happy. Nice lesson about giving.

Anonymous said...

Michelle, you always inspire me!
I love this project. Thanks for all you do!
-Cherish