Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Melanie's New Friend, Christopher

Our neighbor friend Ms. Eva watches a handful of kids so she can stay home with her 18 month old. The oldest she watches is Christopher. He's 4 almost 5. Everytime Melanie & I go over to her house, Christopher just gravitates to Melanie. Christopher says things like "Watch this Melanie!", "Hey Melanie wanna race?" "Melanie, Melanie, wanna build!?" He's very eagar to hang with her because of her age. And of course Melanie likes the attention! They play pretty well together and enjoy each other's company. They have "conversations". It's really neat to watch them interact. I think he's also a little envious of Ella too. It must seem so exciting to a 5 year old to see another child go to a friends house for a play date-so very intruiging. On Friday Christopher said "I wish I could go to Melanie's house." And it did seem a little hectic for Ms. Eva at that time. She was getting ready to lay 2 baby's down for a nap. So I offered to let him come over so she could have some calm time. And guess what...he came over! He was so excited he couldn't hardly contain himself. When Ms. Eva told him to put his shoes on he jumped up and said "YES!" LOL! We played BINGO!, Playdough, blew bubbles, and jumped on the trampoline. I think they all had a good time. Although I don't think we'll be able to have him over nearly everyday like we do Ella, I do hope he can come over again. He's so sweet!

1 comment:

Mom said...

This cracks me up Michelle--it looks like you have a little pre-school going on! Love you!